Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb 9, 2010`

So many supplies needed but Silvadene (burn cream) and Coban always seem in short supply. We are so fortunate that one of the doctors here in Owensboro is willing to allow us to purchase these items through him at cost. I was able to purchase 80 jars and I sent some Silvadene in with David over a month ago. I asked the NC Baptist teams if I could ship some cream and coban to them and have their teams take it to our compound. They were willing so yesterday I shipped 30 jars and a case of coban. PTL! Now to figure out how to get the last 24 jars to Haiti.
At 6pm last night I was honored to be able to speak with a Women's group at Walnut Memorial Baptist Church . They had asked me to share my testimony. They were gracious enough to allow me to go first...even before the meal....because I had another appointment at 7pm. Becky and Jim Ivy invited me, Dr Hurley and wife and Dr Milem (he and his wife have 5 children so it was too difficult for her to come) to have dinner with them.. These are the surgeons that went to Haiti couple of weeks ago. It was great to hear their stories. ...some so tragic, some of great victories and of course a few funny things too. It is always amazing to me to see how Haiti effects peoples lives. David and I know and share with people that come....that once you've been to Haiti your life will never be the same. This is as true today as it was before the earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment