Friday, February 5, 2010

Feb 5, 2010

It's Friday already. I had a good week in Tupelo. Betsy....my daughter-in-law ....drove down with me. I had a chance to teach 5 sessions during MOT and the rest of the time I spent sharing with people on the phone and in person. Met with several pastors that are interested in bringing teams to Haiti in the next few months. West Heights Baptist Church in Pontotoc, MS invited our GO staff and MOT class to have dinner at their church on Wed. night. The pastor was so gracious and gave me the night service to share about what was going on in Haiti. I was really blessed to have a huge group of RA boys and GA girls in the service. When I finished sharing I opened it up to questions and these young ones were very quick to raise their hands to ask their questions. Praise the Lord we are bringing our children up to be aware of missions.
David continues to be involved in all the day to day ministries. Yesterday he was at the bank cashing a check and the teller asked him if he had a tent. He said, "Pastor, I have a wife and an 18 month old baby and my wife is pregnant again. We have no place to sleep". Another teller asked the same thing. David said he didn't have tents but he would try to get them some plastic or some tarps. They said anything he could do would be a blessing. David then asked how many people there on staff needed some plastic. They told him 22. The need for tents is so great. Rainy season will come in just a few weeks.
The Friendship ship arrived with some of our supplies that were shipped out of LA. David, Chris and Josh went to the dock to check and see if our things had come. They were touring the ship when the daughter of the owner of the ship asked Josh if he liked ice cream. WHAT???/ are you kidding? She gave him about a gallon of ice cream to take home. What a treat!!! It is amazing what a simple thing like ice cream can mean at a time like this.
Today Franklin Graham and two of his board members came to spend some time checking on how all the Samaritan's Purse ministry was progressing. After dinner tonight Franklin shared for about 30 minutes with all the people on the compound.... (a blessing to have some more of the 82nd airborne on the compound). We know this was a great encouragement to all.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, I am praying for you and David and all who are working with you. God has placed such a burden on my heart for you all and for what's happening in Haiti. I plan to go with Becky and Tommy Scott as soon as we are able to get there. Thank you for the updates.

    ReplyDelete