Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday 5, 2010

PRAISE THE LORD!! Friday night was a wonderful time as David and Josh Brumley (15 year old MK) went to Second Baptist Church downtown PAP to show the Jesus film. Josh told David that he had been with him and his Dad many times to show the film but this was the best. The people were so attentive and at the end of the film when Pastor Kelly gave the invitation ....128 responded for salvation. He said he had never seen so many people respond. Isn't God good?
On Sunday morning...Resurrection Day.... David preached the morning service and he said the downstairs was packed with about 1500 people and many many people were standing outside. They can't use the balcony because part of the front towers of the church have fallen through the front part of the church roof. It is amazing that the people will enter the church. There were several decisions but David wasn't sure how many.
I went to church services with my brother and sister-in-law on Saturday night so that I could spend Sunday morning with my Mom. I went home around 10 am and I was blessed to be able to tune in and hear David preach on Internet. Such a blessing. I could imagine myself there and enjoyed singing along in French and Creole with the congregation Cindy, Mike, Amanda, David, Jr and Betsy came to the house and brought lunch. We also celebrated Amanda's 15th birthday. Can she be this old already? Where have these years gone?

1 comment:

  1. I along with other missionaries from California were at this service and got the pleasure of meeting David and he blessed us greatly the next day. Do you know where I can listen to the service again? My email is ashlee_milby@yahoo.com if you can send me the link to the message. We are back in the states and I have tried to find it online I would love to find it. Thanks and God Bless.
    Ashlee (or as David called me Smiley)

    ReplyDelete