Monday, February 24, 2014

Feb. 24, 2104

Sometimes we forget to share the "little blessings" that the Lord sends our way.  Last week in all our busyness I saw a vehcile coming up the drive.  I went to the gate to find out who it was and what they wanted. It was the Deputy of our zone.  I opened the gate and invited them in. As I received him at the pavillion by the Conference Center I found there were four men plus the driver.  They had come to make a demand (we would say request) for a couple of wells in their area.  He also was very complimentary about the work being done by GO in this area.  I regretfully had to explain to him that one of the rigs being used here was broke down and that our other rig's Haitian operator had been in an accident last week.  Many of you know Samuel.  He had a stroke and crashed his vehicle about four miles from our compound,  David, Saul and Sharron went to visit him in the hospital.  Today they called and said they had been able to bring him home.  Sharron and Saul have gone to check on him as I write this blog. Last week David said he was unable to speak and could only look straight ahead. He did recognize him.  Today he is speaking a few words. Please pray for his quick and full recovery.   * now for the little blessing.   A young man with the Deputy said to me as they were leaving...."you don't recognize me do you?  I had to say, "no, I don't."  He proceeded to tell me that when he was a little boy we fed him and gave him toys. WOW!  he was in our feeding program in the early to mid 90's. He remembers that and the sack of toys at Christmas.  He wanted to thank us and tell me that he is now married with four children and serving the Lord.  Sometimes the Lord allows us to see the fruit of our labors here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment