Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday Sept. 1.2010

The team from MS finished up their time on Friday. Took them on their day out. We always like for the teams to help out the economy buying souvenirs. The World Race team flew out on Saturday. WOW! a weekend without having to fix 3 meals a day.
Monday is always a little crazy. We have so many in the Burn Clinic right now and it is also the day for the "elderly people" feeding program. Not having any groups in made us a little short handed.
Linda, a couple from Friendships and I went to town on Tuesday to finally get a haircut and also to buy groceries. Of course it is an all day job. David called about 1:00pm and asked if we could help him unload a bunch of boxes coming out of customs for Agape. We stopped for lunch about 2pm. By the time I arrived home I was worn out....too much so for just a day out. Around 5 pm I had developed fever, chills, headache, aching muscles and diarrhea. I'm referred to in Haiti as "Iron Woman" because I am rarely sick but last night was different. I really thought I had Dengue Fever but this afternoon when the NC Baptist medical team arrived back on the property they tested me for Malaria. It is positive. NOT A GOOD TIME TO BE SICK David is picking up a 14 member medical team at the airport right now. Pray that all goes well with them. I'm starting on medicine tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment